At Home Fitness operates as a licence-based company, with personal trainers operating within the brand as independent At Home Fitness licensees. Whilst licensees are legally responsible, this policy sets out to explain how data is held and used by both them (the At Home Fitness licensee) and us (At Home Fitness Ltd).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact At Home Fitness directly by email at [email protected], or by phone on 0121 439 5616.
Last updated: 25/5/2018.
We gather and use information about our users in order to provide products and services, and to enable the website to function as intended.
We also use this information to better understand how users interact with our brand and to improve the overall user experience.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Customer name
- Address, e-mail and telephone contact details
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Information deemed ‘sensitive’, such as medical information relevant to the personal training service being offered
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
When you supply personal details to either an At Home Fitness licensee (“they” or “them”) or directly to At Home Fitness Ltd (“we” or “us), they are stored and processed by both parties. The reasons and nature of this storage and processing is laid out below
- We need to collect personal information in order that we can provide you with a safe, effective and quality service. The service provided to you, and the At Home Fitness licensee’s agreement to provide it to you, constitutes a contract with you and them. You have the right to deny this information to them, but in doing so they would not be able to deliver their service to you.
- We (At Home Fitness Ltd) have access to, and occasionally process, personal information in order that we can support them in delivering a better service to you. Details of the ways this information is sometimes processed* is contained below. You have the right to deny any of this information to us (At Home Fitness Ltd) – just let us know by any convenient method.
- According to laws explained within the GDPR, we have a “legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it we would be restricted in the support we offer our licensed At Home Fitness personal trainers to deliver the best service to you.
- We would like to contact you in future if the opportunity arises that your service could be improved in any way. This may include requesting feedback from you or to resolve any complaints that may arise. This again constitutes “legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
- Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general information or news about At Home Fitness that we think is either relevant or helpful to you, in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
- We never share personal information with third parties, unless it is deemed necessary or relevant to the improvement or up-keep of the service being offered. The type of third parties with whom information is sometimes shared, and the nature of the usage of this information, is explained below.
- In the case when information is collected during a customer enquiry that you have made, wherein you do not end up paying for any At Home Fitness-related services, we will retain your information for a maximum period of 6 months after the date of the enquiry. This is to allow us to offer a smoother and more efficient service should contact be made with you within that time. If no contact has been made with you after 6 months then we will remove your information
- We do not take or store any kind of payment details on this site.
Methods of storage
Your records are stored in the following ways:
- Information deemed ‘sensitive’, such as medical information relevant to the service being offered, is stored on paper, in locked filing cabinets, by At Home Fitness licensees only. We (At Home Fitness Ltd) do not have access to this information nor will we request it from them without your expressed consent.
- Other personal information, including contact details, address and other non-sensitive information related to your health and fitness is stored electronically (“in the cloud”), using two online storage applications. This information is accessible by both the respective At Home Fitness licensee and At Home Fitness Ltd. Our providers have given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected, and the passwords are changed regularly.
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
- Your licensed At Home Fitness personal trainer, in order that they can provide you with your service
- At Home Fitness Ltd, in order that we are able to both support the personal trainers within our licence who are providing a service to you, and secondly to communicate with you directly regarding any matters which constitute your “legitimate interest”.
From time to time, we may have to employ consultants to perform tasks which might give them access to your personal data (but never your medical information). We will ensure that they are fully aware that they must treat that information as confidential, and we will ensure that they sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Control and ownership
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can withdraw your consent for us holding that information at any time. You can also ask us to correct any factual errors at any time. In the case of either of the above, please get in contact with us at [email protected]
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive which enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. Our cookies allow our website to keep track of your personal information, preferences and shopping basket. They also provide us with information regarding how our customers are using our website and which pages they are visiting.
- Track how our customer use our website, how many visitors we are getting and other information that helps us improve our website experience using Google Analytics and other analytics packages.
- Track your current log-in status and your identity, with regards to our website, if you are logged in.
- Conduct A/B testing on our website to help improve user experience. This will allow us to show some of our customers one version of our page and others another version so that we can see which is preferred.
- Store your personal information so that our website is customised to your personal needs.
- To recognise if you have visited our website previously and customise our website accordingly.
Please note that cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you other than that which you choose to share with us.
Controlling your cookies
However, please be aware that this will prevent a large amount of our website from functioning correctly. You will likely find it impossible to purchase products, for instance.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998, and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
All of your information is stored in a secure fashion, protected by strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We store all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998, and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.athomefitness.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Our policy on data
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to as the “Data Controller”. Here are the details you need for that:
Data Controller – Adam Coley
Email address – [email protected]
Phone number – 07943 192021
Postal address – 14 Buttermere Close, Tettenhall, Wolverhampton, WV6 9DN
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.